Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Which Map Do You Choose?

Everyone seems to know everything! Take a look at all the self help articles published by the print media or on the internet. There are so many sources of advice out there..... which one do you choose? Is there not a single road map for us to use?

I am in the sales business. There is never a shortage of people calling to sell me the latest gadget, widget or book that will turn my life around! Regardless of your career, status in life, or goals, there will always be an "expert" out there. Are they offering real advice or only seeking to line their pockets with your cash? Can you buy success? Probably not.

Do I have the answers? I think not. Why do I write this article? Because I have chosen the wrong map more than once in my life. Can I tell you the wrong way? Yep. Can I tell you the correct way? I am not sure. I do not have the degree in counseling or psychology. I have only my experiences.

Marketing is simply being yourself. You must be "comfortable in your skin." What do I mean? You know who you are, really. Who are you when you are all alone? Others can tell if you are being honest or putting on that facade. So what is a man to do?

Choose to be yourself today. When you step out that door, know who you are and where you are going. The map you choose must be one that you can read and understand. That map is who you are when you are alone!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home